Friday, December 16, 2005

cakes for the year

The January edition of Martha Stewart Living Magazine has a feature for "A Year of Cakes" - twelve cake recipes to make for each month of the year. My New Year's Resolution? I'm going to make all twelve of them! I'm going to follow each recipe exactly as written, including the little decorations I usually skip (i.e. candied lemon slices). January's cake is Martha's Meyer Lemon Anniversary cake - the magazine has a huge three tiered version of the cake, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to attempt that yet so I may just stick to the single cake. The rest of the year is as follows:

February - Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake
March - Cardamom Streusel Coffee Cake
April - Spring Show Almond Petit Fours (I'm looking forward to these)
May - Teatime Coconut Layer Cake
June - Cocoa Buttermilk Cake with Scrolled Tuiles
July - Berry Pound Cakes with Whipped Cream Ribbons
August - Peaches and Cream Ice Cream Cake
September - "Bake Sale Cookie" Cupcakes
October - Darkest Chocolate Crepe Cake
November - Apple Pie Cake and "Pumpkin Pie" Cheesecake
December - Snow-Capped Fruitcake (I hate fruitcake, but I'll make this nonetheless)

My family is going to be all caked out.

No comments: