Tuesday, May 02, 2006

one for the collection



I stood in line for 2 1/2 hours at Sur La Table in Santana Row to have THE Giada De Laurentiis sign my copy of her new cookbook Giada's Family Dinners (I even picked one up for Joyce!) and it was well worth it.

There were a TON of people waiting for her. The line for the book signing wrapped all the way around the building.

She started off with a short Q & A across the way in front of Left Bank and the first question asked happened to be the #1 question Giada claims she is always asked: "How do you stay so slim with all the food you cook and eat?" (Her answer: portion control, exercise and genetics.)

She is very petite, some would even say tiny. She's probably no more than 5'0" and her persona is exactly what you see on TV. Very sweet, very genuine. And yes, she is that pretty! Her husband was even on hand but I didn't snap a picture of him. She also had a film crew there, maybe I'll see my elbow on FoodNetwork soon! (JustJenn, Leslie & Nannette - if you guys are Giada fans, she'll be in your neck of the woods tomorrow 5/3/2006!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,

My name is Adam, and I have a fan site for Giada and I would love to post a link to this entry and with your permission, use the photos you took. I always link to the photographers site and credit the photo.

There is so little information and pictures of Giada online, I am on the lookout for any.

Thanks for your time. You can email me at meninaprons@gmail.com

joyce said...

thanks anne!!!

mipmup. said...

i'm jealous! she's pretty great.