Monday, October 16, 2006

baaack

I'm back again - I spent the weekend in Virginia with my family to celebrate my little sister's 18th birthday. My husband couldn't take time off from work so I braved a cross country flight with two of my kids (the baby and my 6 year old daughter). My eldest son stayed behind to keep his father company.

Flying with the two kids wasn't a big deal - they're both well traveled and they were very well behaved. The baby didn't cry once! And no, I didn't Benadryl him (...this time...) Going through security, however, was a huge pain. I had the baby in the stroller and had our carry ons plus the baby's carseat on a cart. I was pushing the stroller and my daughter was pushing the cart - she couldn't see the front of the cart because she's tiny so she kept giving everyone flat tires. Once we got up to security I could tell everyone was avoiding my line like the plague - I had to take EVERYONE'S shoes off.. then their sweaters/jackets, take the baby out of the stroller, fold the stroller while carrying the baby (thank God I have this cool stroller that you can fold with one hand - thanks Joyce!), load the stroller, carseat, shoes, and carry ons through the conveyer belt - then put everything back together once we passed through security. Oh did I mention that they had to inspect all the baby food bottles and I had to dump the water I packed in the bottles (to later mix with formula)? I actually heard this bitch behind me say, "God we got in the wrong line." BITCH. Yes, I like to go around airports with my children and take forever in security just to piss people off on purpose.

Too bad she wasn't on my flight - I would've made the baby cry just to irritate her.

3 comments:

joyce said...

i don't think i could ever do all that by myself. you're my idol anne. even though i've been on maternity leave i'm so scared to leave the house with two kids on my own -- haha.

Sweet Treat said...

Hee! Hee! This made me laugh... I think I would have been naughty and have gone even slower through security! Glad you are back.

Leslie said...

You're my hero! For real.