Friday, July 28, 2006

goodies from teacake

I am on vacation this week and I ventured out to Emeryville's Bay Street to have lunch with my three kiddies at California Pizza Kitchen after I ran an errand in Berkeley. (Yes, I went out to a restaurant with three kids by myself. No spills or thrown food either.)

While at Bay Street, we stopped by Teacake Bake Shop and I was overwhelmed with all the sweets they had to offer. While their prices might be a little high ($3 for a regular sized cupcake), I think they're worth it. You can tell that they use quality ingredients - because you can taste the vanilla in the cupcakes. My favorite was the vanilla buttermilk "cupcakie" which is a wide flat cupcake. I also got a white chocolate pistachio and pecan praline cookie. All very good. I would post pictures of the cupcakes, but they got annihilated in the box so they aren't very pretty.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

A restaurant with three kids? I bow down to you! You rock!

joyce said...

My kudos to you Anne! -- 3 kids by yourself! I would be terrified!- haha. I don't think I can attempt to go out by myself unless I had someone to help me with the kids.
I must visit that Teacake Bake Shop one day.

Anonymous said...

You give me hope! I keep wondering how I would handle going out with three children. I'm hoping to be out in the bay area in September...I must visit the Teacake Bake Shop! Sounds delish!