Thursday, May 18, 2006

Farmer's Markets



I'm so food oriented - I love everything and anything that has to do with food. Grocery shopping, cooking, eating, dining out, cookbooks, the Wednesday food section in the newspaper... everything. I love going to the Farmer's Market every Saturday - the one they hold near us is pretty small but still a good way to get fresh and ripe fruits and vegetables.

The Pacific Coast Farmer's Market Association has great information on markets in northern California and a handy guide on what is in season now. I have a ton of strawberries that I need to figure out what to do with... I feel strawberry jam in my future.

1 comment:

Sweet Treat said...

I so get what you mean! There is always something new to taste & buy at a farmer's market. I can't keep away! I am hanging out for the new one that will just be across the road.. hopefully coming sometime soon!