Wednesday, December 21, 2005

candy... good...




My kids' dentist office has the best magazines of any medical office I've ever been in... Food & Wine, Gourmet, Martha Stewart Living... not the usual 5 year old Good Housekeeping and Women's Day. I actually travel 30 miles out of my way to take my kids to this dentist, who happened to be my dentist when I was little.

The dental office gave me a handout on a study about xylitol and how mothers who chew gum sweetend with xylitol are less likely to transmit cavity-causing bacteria to their children (tested on pregnant women). They also gave me a sample of
SparX candy that has 100% pure xylitol. Apparently xylitol is good for you and reduces tooth decay... I love having a good reason to eat candy! You can find xylitol in some sugar free gum or candy such as SparX, Spry, Trident, and Carefree Koolerz gum.

No comments: