Monday, April 10, 2006

cookie monster never had these!

I'm not a health food nut but I don't buy a lot of junk food like chips and cookies - (my kids are probably deprived). I don't consciously tell myself, "NO CHIPS!" - it's just something I never think about. Once in awhile I'll splurge and buy a box of cookies, but usually I'll just make cookies or cupcakes. Not only that, my daughter's Kindergarten teacher doesn't allow junk food (sweets) in her class. We were a bit turned off by this approach at first but I don't mind it anymore because it forces us to provide a healthy lunch for our kids.

At a birthday party this weekend, I discovered Barbara's Snackimals. They're sugar free and contain no transfat. Not only that, they TASTE GOOD. We had the oatmeal cookies which are also wheat free - I didn't even know these were "healthy cookies" until I ate the entire bag and read the nutirtion facts on the back.

Joyce, until your sugar binge party, you can pick these up at Whole Foods, maybe Trader Joes. :)

No comments: