Tuesday, April 18, 2006

food food food


I went grocery shopping and one of the items I wanted to get was
tomato paste in a tube (like the kind Giada De Laurentiis uses). The grocery store didn't have the tomato paste but they did have garlic paste in a tube! I bought it and instantly loved it. I like the taste of garlic but I hate handling it because my fingers will smell like garlic for two days straight. With the paste, I don't have that problem anymore.



I also bought a Limited Edition York Chocolate Truffle Mint Pattie. I'm a sucker for "limited editions" or new products. I just recently discovered the overseas versions of KitKats - banana, green tea, red wine, orange, strawberry, grape, maple syrup, and cherry blossom just to name a few. I wish we had more flavors than our boring American milk chocolate. People even sell them (and buy them) on eBay. I don't know if I trust buying candy from a stranger on the internet though. I haven't tried any of these yet but it's tempting. My husband might not understand if I spent $10.00 on a single candy bar though. (Unless it was that time of the month!)

3 comments:

the shim family said...

Now I want to find some tomato paste in a tube, what a great idea! I didn't realize Kit Kats came in so many flavors...I must investigate...

mipmup. said...

try your local italian market for the tomato paste; you're likely to get a much better product than what is carried at your average supermarket. or better yet, you can make your own. also, re. the garlic smell: simply rub your hand over your sink faucet (or anything else that is stainless steel). the smell be gone!

a n n e said...

mipmup: Thanks for the tips! I'll make my own tomato paste after this weekend's trip to the Farmers Market.