Sunday, April 02, 2006

March's Belated Cake



I finally got around to making the March installment of Martha's Year of Cakes which was a Cardamom Streusel Coffee Cake.

Compared to
January's cake, this cake was super easy and quick to make although I was wondering about the streusel. The recipe has you make a TON of streusel. Some of the streusel goes in the middle of the cake, and the rest on top, but the streusel used more flour than the cake itself.

It was ok - my husband is eating it with his coffee as I type this. I'm not a big cardamom fan, and if I were to make this again, I would probably make it with cinnamon instead. And maybe throw some blueberries in there because I like blueberries in my coffee cake.

*Shame on the folks at marthastewart.com -- they misspelled cardamom. I first spelled it "cardamom" which is actually the correct spelling but on the cake page, it's spelled cardomom so they had me second guessing myself. I emailed mstewart@marthastewart.com to notify them of the error because a spelling error on marthastewart.com just doesn't sit well with me.

I wonder if Martha would fire the person who committed such a heinous spellcheck error.

4 comments:

Kumi said...

umm, looks so yum!!
makes me hungry for sweets!

the shim family said...

uh oh...someone at MSLO is so getting fired tomorrow...

nicbiccie said...

That looks delicious Anne! Sounds like you agree with us re the addition of something else...blueberries would be good!
PS) I can't believe there was a typo on Martha's site...very un-Martha like behaviour, wouldn't you say??!!

joyce said...

what, a typo on ms. martha's site!
i haven't been in the mood to bake b/c i can't eat anything but i will bake a few goodies for jason's b-day.