Monday, March 06, 2006

Quick Cake Decorating



I ordered the above pictured cake for my son's baptism from a local bakery. It was a white cake with rum custard filling and whipped cream frosting.

I asked for a plain cake because I didn't want flowers or balloons plus I wasn't too impressed with the cake decorating skills at this bakery.

To make up for the lack of decor, I bought some roses and decorated the cake myself. Roses are edible so I don't think I poisoned anyone. Everyone was put off by the rum custard anyway - it was too strong for some people, but I liked it. Reminded me of eggnog.

6 comments:

the shim family said...

Beautiful cake! Btw, I LOVE your son's name. One of the girls in Big J's playgroup has the same name...love it!

joyce said...

i liked the cake - though i couldn't eat ALL of it though.

Sweet Treat said...

You are so good at piping! Looks great.. and you managed it with sick kids! Looking forward to seeing your March month of Martha! T

elizabeth said...

i think the cake looks beautiful and sounds yummy!!!

hmm...didn't know that roses were edible. thanks for the info. that may come in handy for cupcake decorating.

Leslie said...

Fab job on adding your own touches! :)

Rum cake. . . yummm.

Nanette said...

YUM!