Friday, March 03, 2006

Year of Cakes - The Group

I haven't forgotten about my pledge to take on Martha's Year of Cakes. February was a crazy month so February's cake will have to share the spotlight with March's cake. I have a good excuse for slacking... we're leaving for Hawaii next Thursday for my sister's wedding and couple that with helping with the wedding plans, busy days at work, battling the stomach flu, plus two out of three sick kids (who also have the stomach flu)... I haven't had the time. Plus who wants to eat a cake prepared by someone suffering from the stomach flu?

I joined Sweet Little Treat's Year of Cake's group and if any of you out there like to bake and want to participate, everyone is welcome to join. I knew there had to be others out there that wanted to take on Martha's Year of Cakes - now I have fellow cake loving Aussies to bake with! Their cakes turned out really good I might add. I may have to follow Martha's directions and pictures more carefully.

By the way... having two kids sick at the same time... that's going to have to be a separate post. Hell, even a separate blog. In a nutshell, running back and forth cleaning up the bodily fluids that have spewed out of every orifice of two children... NOT FUN. Clorox bleach is my friend this week.

2 comments:

the shim family said...

Oh Anne, I hope you and the kids feel better soon. I can barely manage when one child is sick! I can't wait to see pictures from your sister's wedding + Hawaii + yummy Martha cakes! Eat some yummy plate lunches + shaved ice for me in Hawaii!

elizabeth said...

hope that your kiddos are feeling better. i currently am at home with a lil one right now enjoying the joys that come with a stomach bug.

also wanted to say that b/c of this post, i pulled out my martha mag with the 12 mos. of cakes in it to partake in this months (cardamom is expensive...yikes!)

i'm going to try and make it today since i am hope and am wondering if i am going to make them into cupcakes so i can take them to work.