Wednesday, November 23, 2005

baby R

Being the mother of 3: 2 boys and a girl - I know the difference between the sexes:

1. Boys are easier to deal with. The girl in our family has mood swings, tempermental outbursts.. she cries a whole lot more, and she can turn the crying off and on as if on cue. The boys are just... chill.

2. Girls are easier to potty train. My daughter practically potty trained herself, we didn't really push it with her. Plus I grew up with two sisters (no brothers), so imagine my shock and disgust when I realized that boys miss the toilet sometimes. I spent hours scrubbing all over and behind the toilet trying to clean that up.

3. Baby boys have projectile pee. My 2 month old pees on me at least twice a week. Around here we say, "AAAAH!!! He pulled an R Kelly on me!"

4. Girls are much more affectionate. I get "huggies" and "kissies" from my 5 year old daughter on a daily basis. My 9 year old son however, doesn't hug and kiss as readily as my daughter but he does sometimes ask for a hug... but in a very nonchalant, cool way.

5. Girls are "smarter." Or they say, "more mature" -- I guess boys never really catch up to us. ha!

No comments: