Saturday, November 19, 2005

weekend plans

Today we went to my favorite foodie spot, the Ferry Building where we had lunch at Taylor's Refresher, treated the kids to a gelato, bought some almond macarons from Miette (yes, bucking the diet for a day for a cookie), bought cocoa powder from Scharffen Berger, then just walked around the many stalls showing off local produce and food.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the hubby to the 49er game (it was MY idea to go so that means I'M taking HIM.) They kind of suck this year so tickets were readily available. We're both Niner fans but we've never been to a game so this will be our first. Is it pathetic that the first thing I did was look up the concession stands? I'm feeling some clam chowder in a breadbowl and "fabulous frybread" which I know both are not South Beach Diet friendly. BAH! We lucked out though - tomorrow during halftime Steve Young is receiving his Hall of Fame ring so I get to see my favorite quarterback. Next sports outing is to see the Warriors who are actually doing pretty good this year - the game I'm holding out for is the Timberwolves because I'm inexplicably drawn to Kevin Garnett.

No comments: