Saturday, November 26, 2005

winning and experiments

I actually won a contest! Whaddayaknow...I guessed the due date with my hubby's birthday and my newborn's time of delivery. About time those f'ers brought me some luck.

Diet update - I lost 6 lbs since starting my diet last week but damn it if my sister's fiancee didn't introduce me to eggnog and Vernor's Ginger Soda. He's from Michigan and apparently Vernor's is a "thing" over there since it's made in Detroit. Then he introduced my kids to Boston Coolers - so ask me why our fridge is stocked with Vernor's, eggnog, and ice cream?!

My husband discovered eggnog a few years ago and he used to down quarts of the stuff until I told him that eggnog was fattening. Since then if I ever ask him if he wants eggnog, he says, "No.. I don't like it anyway." HA! Liar! So every year I do something called "The Eggnog Experiment" where I buy a half gallon of eggnog and leave it in the fridge... magically the eggnog disappears. Sometimes I do the same with a dozen of Krispy Kremes, aka "The Krispy Kreme Experiment." Yes, I'm wicked.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Congrats on winning the contest (I guessed too early), and congrats on the weight loss! :)