Sunday, November 27, 2005

Xmas shopping for myself



I didn't participate in Black Friday shopping, I wanted to, but I didn't think I could muster enough energy and courage to go to Target at 6 AM with 3 kids in tow since the hubby had to work that day.

I did, however, use my 50% off coupon at Borders to buy Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. I drooled over all the pictures so they told me I had buy it.

Using the Lucky Magazine "YES!" flags, I let my 5 year old daughter flag all the things she wanted to bake together... our first project? Black and white cookies! After that, I want to make French Almond Macaroons which I LOVE. I first tried them when my sister brought some back from Laduree in Paris and have been hooked on them ever since. Expensive little cookies though... Miette sells them for $1.50 each but I always buy them anyway... one in each flavor, which amounted to $9.00 for 6 tiny cookies - the hubby was not understanding of that. He prefers Chips Ahoy which you can get 2 for $5.00.

2 comments:

joyce said...

hi anne:
you must tell me if this book is
worth getting. i was watching her show the week she was promoting the book.

a n n e said...

Very good book, lots of pictures and tips on technique. You can borrow mine!