Saturday, November 12, 2005

i heart carbs


With 10 more lbs. to go to my pre-pregnancy weight I did the unthinkable. I ordered a bunch of carbs from my favorite shortbread shop Big Island Candies. They used to make Peanut Butter shortbread but discontinued it a couple of years ago - now my usual order consists of:

Original Shortbread
Peanut Butter bite size cookies
Macadamia Nut Crunchies - chocolate with macadamia nuts and potato chips, sounds weird but it's good. I like the mixture of sweet and salty
and the Macadamia Corn Crunch - caramel popcorn with pineapple, coconut and mac nuts.

I once ordered the Da Kine chocolate covered cuttlefish, and after trying one I remembered that I don't even like cuttlefish. I'm a sucker for unusual and complex tastes and will try almost anything once.

After my cookie/candy binge, I'm going to go on the South Beach diet.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

TEN? ONLY TEN?!

Last I checked I still have 12 to go.....of course the holidays aren't helping at all. . . and of course Kate was a whopping NINE POUNDS!!! :)

a n n e said...

TEN to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I failed to mention that my pre-pregnancy weight is 10 lbs OVER what I'd like to be!