Sunday, February 12, 2006

diet and exercise... who would've thunk it?

I tried on my bridesmaid dress yesterday - it was custom made by a seamstress who took my measurements 2 weeks ago. I was looking at the dress on a hanger thinking, "Damn, am I that big?" I was so relieved that when I tried it on, the dress was waaaaaay too big. I thought she made the dress big on purpose so that if I got bigger she could size it down but she took out her book where she recorded my measurements and told me she followed my measurements exactly. Then she measured me and compared and we both saw that I lost 2 inches off my chest (this is actually a good thing for me), waist and hips! I only lost 4 lbs. so I was really surprised but I guess when you're 5'1", 4 lbs. is a lot for a short frame.

I've been watching what I eat (not eating as much cake, cookies, bread, sugar and fat as I want to) and going to the gym 2 hours a day for 3-4 times a week. Although I don't feel different or look different I guess I am different. My clothes fit better but trust me, there is still some fluffiness where the baby house used to be. I am far from looking good naked.

I have to go back the week before I leave for Hawaii so she can take my final measurements because she has to rip apart the dress and start from scratch anyway so she wants to make sure it fits. She's really good - she only needs 2 days to make the dress. The dress came out very nice (although big) and my daughter's dress is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute. I wish I took pics but we'll pick it up in a few days and you can compare her work vs. the picture I gave her.

Yesterday was also my sister's coed bridal shower. I gorged like a pig. They had another cake from Katrina Rozelle there, this time, my favorite Erica Torte. The piece I ate topped off goat cheese and crackers, *hukilau chicken, *avocado poke, *beef short ribs, potato salad, layered jello, lox and bagels, turkey chili, fried rice, *spam musubi, and **leche flan.

*The hosts are part owners of a Hawaiian restaurant in San Jose called Da Hukilau and the *food came from the restaurant. Obviously, it was GOOD.


The cake, it calls to me.

3 comments:

joyce said...

mmm...very good food!
(i didn't know they had one in san francisco!) - i should try it next time.

the shim family said...

The cake looks SO good!

Nanette said...

Congrats on the weight loss! :)