Tuesday, February 14, 2006

hallmark holiday

I don't celebrate "Hallmark holidays." I don't get excited about Valentine's Day or Mother's Day. I don't want to go to some overcrowded restaurant and wait 2 hours for a table. I don't want overpriced flowers that are just going to die in a few days - then I'll have to wash the vase and everything... blech. I always tell my husband, "Just treat me right the other 364 days of the year and you can have Valentine's Day!"

He doesn't listen.

He left me a voicemail on my office phone to the effect of, "Hey, my buddy left me a CD under the doormat - it's a video game. Make sure you get it please, thanks!"

Ha ha. He is good that hubby of mine. He knew I'd get ticked off with the whole video game thing. I opened the door and found this.


The card was kind of funny. If it didn't have "Love, John" at the end, it could've been sent by my boss.

5 comments:

the shim family said...

Ahhh...your hubby is too sweet...in a non-Hallmark-sort-of-way.

joyce said...

awww! how sweet.
i didn't get any flowers - but we did go to trader joe's to get my sugar-free biscotti (i paid for them of course) - but we did eat at what used to be the old Lyon's at Westlake (with the little boy who was spilling water & screaming loud noises)...

a n n e said...

Joyce: My first thought about the little boy was that it was some random kid running around the restaurant... then I just realized you were talking about your OWN kid. haha.

Nanette said...

I love tulips! :)

elizabeth said...

awww...thats super sweet!

and thanks for stopping by my blog and the support you gave. it was much appreciated and i hope you visit again soon!