Saturday, February 04, 2006

a spot of tea





I organized a Bridal Shower spa day and tea party for my sister today. We headed over to Burke Williams Spa at Santana Row in the morning and had tea at Lisa's Tea Treasures afterwards.

Lisa's was good, but my favorite teahouse is still Lovejoy's in San Francisco - their tea is better.

My friend brought the cake from Katrina Rozelle - it was a white cake with fresh raspberries in the filling. It was soooooooo good. Katrina Rozelle makes the best cakes in the bay area in my opinion. One of my favorite cakes is their Erica Torte which is a chocolate truffle cake, and I don't even like chocolate cake! Last year I even bought my own Erica Torte as a birthday gift for myself.

I also made little gift bags for the ladies to take home. In keeping with the tea party theme, the bags were filled with homemade Meyer Lemon Poppyseed shortbread, Toffee shortbread, assorted teas and a small jar of honey. Joyce introduced me to Everyday Food's Icebox Shortbread recipe, and it is so quick and easy to make -- plus the recipe only uses five ingredients!

I made little tags to go on everything by using those metal rim tags and printable round labels. I thought it was overkill labeling the teas "assorted teas" (duh) but I was on a roll. I was up until 2 AM making the cookies and gift bags so I slept through my massage at the spa.

2 comments:

joyce said...

massages & tea - what a nice combination! OMG and all those sweets. come july i'm going to go on a sugar binge and i'll be expecting some home made sweets from you!

the shim family said...

You are a great sister and host! Love, love, love the favors! And I will have to try out that cake place next time I'm in SF.