Saturday, February 25, 2006

her dress is done!

My daughter's flower girl dress is done. This is the original design I gave to the seamstress to copy:


This is the dress the seamstress made for my daughter (excuse the background mess):


Her dress was made from dupioni silk. My dress is not done yet, I go in for my fitting next week. I know we're kind of pushing it, but she's really fast -- she made both our dresses in two days! My dress is already cut, but because of some weight loss and breastfeeding issues, she wants to make it at the very last minute so we know it fits right. I'm very happy with how my daughter's dress turned out. The flower is removable as is the sash. She made a vertical pocket in the sash for the flower, and the stem of the flower slips right in.

She didn't want to take the dress off after this.

7 comments:

the shim family said...

The dress is so pretty and your daughter is TOO cute, she looks like a child model! Your seamstress did a great job!

Nanette said...

Soooo cute! The dress AND your daughter!

Um, you and your seamstress don't happen to live in Los Angeles, do you? I may need a seamstress for my wedding dress.

Leslie said...

I love that type of silk!

Be sure to post photos of your dress too!

a n n e said...

Nanette: Unfortunately, I am about 6-7 hours north of you. My best friend lives in LA and worked with a seamstress down there for her wedding dress and it turned out beautifully. I'll get the info from her and will drop you a note!

joyce said...

that's so nice! the seamstress did a really good job! i can't wait to see pictures of everything!

Gillian said...

OH SO GORGEOUS! What a stunning dress.

Gillian said...

Hi Anne... I know I'm double posting, but I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always so fun to see a new person who has stopped by. I added you to my FAV BLOGS list, so I can't wait to check out more of your lovely things in the future!