Sunday, February 05, 2006

shave and a haircut part II



For some reason unbeknownst to me, my 5 year old daughter decided to cut her hair. I know almost all young girls go through this stage at least once - my version was much much worse: I took a chunk of my "bang hair" and cut right next to my scalp. So that spot where your hairline meets your forehead? I had a mini flat-top there. To this day I don't know why I did that, and when I ask my daughter what possessed her to cut her hair, this was how the conversation went:

"Grandma found a whole bunch of hair in your trash can, did you cut your hair?"

"I don't know." (Note: When she says "I don't know" it ALWAYS means YES.)

"Did you use scissors to cut your hair?"

"I don't know."

"Is that your hair is in the trashcan?"

"I don't know."

"Why did you cut your hair?"

"I don't know."

"Was it bothering you? Did you want it shorter? Do you want to get a haircut?"

"I don't know."

"Well... are you going to do it again?"

"No."

2 comments:

the shim family said...

That is TOO funny! So far Big J has only used the scissors to cut our dog's hair.

Leslie said...

Got to love the "I don't know" = "yes" statements. Kids can be so transparent with their thinking, can't they?

A lot of convos w/ Henry go like this:

Me: "Henry, have you seen my purse/shoes/makeup bag/jacket?"

H.: "I didn't take it and put it in my room!!!!!"