Sunday, January 08, 2006

big perm



I got my eyelashes permed yesterday. You may be thinking, "Geez, how lazy do you have to be to take an eyelash curler and squeeze?" But my sister had hers done and offered to take me (and pay) to get my lashes curled so I really didn't have anything to lose. I wish I took a "before" picture but the picture above is my "after" shot. Try to ignore the errant brow hairs that I need to pluck.

I had them done at Bliss Beauty Center in Los Altos - it took about 40 minutes from start to finish. They take these tiny perm rods that sort of look like those cylinder cotton balls that the dentist sticks in your mouth when they pull your teeth out, except that they're tiny, then they "glue" your lashes to the rod. Your eyes are closed during the whole process and after your lashes are glued to the rod, they apply the perming solution. It's just like a real perm because 10 minutes they apply the neutralizer. As you can see, there is one eyelash that didn't get permed, my lashes are super straight and super short (curse of being Asian) so that one lash probably got away.

The perm lasts about two months - but I don't think I'd get them permed again just because I don't even curl my lashes on a daily basis plus my lashes suck. I would be better off wearing fake lashes. If you have long thick lashes, this would look great on you. The perm actually curls your lashes - eyelash curlers crimp or bend your lashes more than curl.

3 comments:

joyce said...

ahh! you got them done. i'm debating wheter or not i should try it.
we went to the shu uemura store today and the guy how worked there actually showed us how to "correctly" curl our lashes. i always just curled at the base, BUT you actually start at the base and then gradually curl going almost up to the tip - i never new that.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Cute! I've always wanted to see how permed lashes compare to curled ones. I've been using a curler since junior high! And why is it that my sons both have long eyelashes that are curled perfectly? The injustice of it all.

Leslie said...

Yes, I am slave to the eyelash curler too. Bah!

Wish I could just borrow my kids' eyelashes. Or heck! Even Hank's would do!