Thursday, January 12, 2006

note to self...


We saw these wrist reminders at Office Max and my husband laughed at them because he said, "Who the hell would wear those?" Answer? OUR KIDS. My work schedule is irregular - on days I'm stuck on a call or in a meeting and I can't pick up the kids on time, they would go to afterschool daycare. Usually I tell them in the morning whether or not they are going to daycare but my daughter (5 years old in Kindergarten) doesn't always remember and I hate the thought of her being the last one standing outside waiting for her me and I don't show up. That's pretty devastating.

So now I stick these wrist reminders on her that remind her whether or not she's going to daycare that day. She shows them to her teacher every morning as "FYI." Plus my daughter likes them because HELLO, it's an accessory! She actually asked for a matching necklace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I need some of those too, except mine would say, "Did you brush your hair yet?", "Do your shoes match your outfit?", etc., you know WAHM stuff. =)

Nanette said...

What a fabulous idea! I need those for my fiance. "Party on Saturday with our friends."

Leslie said...

Those are great!!!

Sometimes I run a little late picking up Alison (usually Henry is up to some shenanigan, and we take forever to get in the car. . . ), and my heart races thinking about her standing there waiting for me.

joyce said...

ollie needs that for his grocery list - he'll forget his list at home then when he's at the store he calls me and i have to go through the whole list.

Anonymous said...

My name is Bob Batz Jr. and I'm a writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (www.post-gazette.com) and I'm writing about these wrist reminders, as just released by Mead. If you've tried 'em and wouldn't mind talking about them with me, please drop me an email at bbatz@post-gazette.com. And thanks!

AB said...

I need some of those, for me! My office is full of post-its with notes like "don't go home, you're going away for the weekend" and "don't forget to take your mp3 player with you". They'd make my life so much easier. And my office so much tidier!